Advertise With Us

Strength Performance Network

Brandon Jacobs trying to slim down to 260 pounds. What do you recommend?

Read the following article that was posted on ProFootballTalk.com and let us know what strategy and/or plan of attack you would recommend:

For most NFL running backs, 260 pounds would be grotesquely overweight. ButBrandon Jacobs is not built like most NFL running backs.

The 6-foot-4 Jacobs is listed at 264 pounds, and he told the San Jose Mercury News thathe got as heavy as 285 pounds at times with the Giants. But now that he’s with the 49ers, he has a new fitness goal: He wants to get below 260 pounds for the first time in his NFL career.

Jacobs said he’s about 266 or 267 pounds right now and that he believes that over the next few months he can get lighter and faster than he’s ever been as a pro, without losing any strength.

“I’m training 10 times harder than I’ve ever trained,” Jacobs said. “I’m trying to get my body back to where it used to be, get strength in my legs, because that was the weak point in me the last couple years.”

Jacobs had back-to-back seasons of more than 1,000 yards and 5.0 yards a carry in 2007 and 2008, but his production has dropped since then, and the Giants didn’t show much interest in re-signing him when he became a free agent this year. Jacobs seems to have taken that as a sign that he needs to get into better shape, and a slimmer Jacobs could be a big presence on the 49ers’ offense.

SPN thanks TheFitnessChamp for bringing this article to our attention.

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

• Use the pool for added caloric burn after your daily practice and resistant training methods.  this will relax your muscles/mind, burn calories but refresh your spirit.  Also more importantly alter your diet.   every pro athlete that has the finacial resources should invest in a culinary chef daily!  Just makes sense!  Your body is a temple!

AM HIIT cardio sessions. 10 mins. work 10 mins. rest. repeat 2 more times. Sheds the fat keeps the muscle. Would use elliptical trainer to lessen the impact to a big body back. 65-70 rpms 1min. 90+ rpms 1 min. till ten minutes is up. the rest sessions allow for complete recovery to get max effort during work sessions.

30mins of HITT may be a little too much.

Try:

5min warmup

60on/60off for 20mins = 10mins of high intensity work

30mins of incline walking

On easy days: Bike tempo:

2 sets of 10 reps/45 on/15 off at 120rpm+

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Brian Harris.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service