The Concordia St. Paul strength and conditioning program, located in St. Paul, MN, is looking for applicants interested in a summer strength and conditioning internship.
Golden Bear Strength and Conditioning Internship Program
After successful completion of the program, a strength and conditioning intern will be able to:
- Teach and coach all of the movements involved in our program as well as why we do them.
- Lead a group of athletes through their training program. This includes their warm-up, mobility/soft tissue sessions, plyometrics, lifts, and post-workout stretch routines.
- Understand the importance of sport nutrition as well as how to evaluate an athletes’ nutritional habits.
- Facilitate the use of PlayerTek and MyVert technology.
- Understand program design and implementation for a variety of athletics teams throughout various phases of their training (in-season, off-season, pre-season).
Through this experience the prospective strength coach will be ready to lead a group of athletes and develop programs. It is our goal to help place each student intern with a graduate assistant opportunity.
This is an unpaid/volunteer opportunity to gain valuable experience within a Division II athletic performance setting.
- Setup and breakdown of equipment for each session.
- Facility cleaning and maintenance.
- Assist within session to help spot athletes, record data, etc.
- Participation in weekly article review sessions, staff presentations and exercise proficiency test-outs; completion of hourly logs and journal entries and reports on all educational presentations.
- Participation in personal workouts with GA and Head Strength Coach.
- Applicants should be aware of the possibility of long days and early-morning sessions.
- Applicants should be able to lift and carry 50 to 80 pounds frequently and up to 100-plus pounds if necessary.
- All applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student seeking an unpaid internship experience in exchange for college or class credit.
- Interested applicants must possess an outstanding work ethic, attention to detail, effective communication skills, and a strong desire to pursue a career as a Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Must have a definitive plan to become certified through the NSCA or CSCCa.
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR/AED
- Working towards or completed a Bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, or related field.
If interested, please email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 15th, 2017.