The University of Great Falls is a Catholic University located in Great Falls, Montana. We describe ourselves as a place of “uncommon courage” committed to preparing students for living and making a living. Applicants must possess a personal philosophy compatible with a Catholic University environment. This is a full time, hourly non-exempt position.
- Assist with organization and execution of daily Training and lifting plans/preparations. Coach players in the technical aspects of correct lifting/training
- Write and implement sports performance programs for student athletes and teams assigned by the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Maintain regular collaborative communication and planning with sports medicine and academic support staff to best promote student-athlete excellence in performance, health and well being
- Help to develop leadership skills and instill core values in student athletes.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all NAIA, Frontier Conference, Cascade Conference, University, and departmental rules and regulations.
- Maintain professional memberships and engage in professional development opportunities.
- Responsible for enforcing facility safety, cleanliness and usage policies
- Supervise for work-study students when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and Vice President for Athletics.
General Position Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and desire to relate well with athletics staff.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with multiple constituencies.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree required - CSCS, coaching and/or playing experience preferred.
Salary and Benefits
$10.00/hour paid Bi-weekly and a contract that offers annual leave, holidays, sick days. Immediately upon completion of a CSCS certification a transition to 10 month 20,000 annual contract will occur. This position is eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage and employer health saving account contributions.
- Create an environment that values and promotes the academic experience of the student athlete.
- Maintain a high standard of integrity in all aspects of program management.
- Intentionally integrate department and university core values to produces a team that promotes and exemplifies the values of the University of Great Falls.
- Successful applicants should have prior strength and conditioning experience and a desire to continue in the field of strength and conditioning for enhanced sport performance.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- Ideal candidates will currently hold or plan to pursue a CSCS certification
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing a significant safety threat to self or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to: