The Assistant Sport Performance Coach will have the opportunity to bring knowledge, excitement and dedication the UW-La Crosse Sports Performance Program. The position will provide leadership and direction in the areas of strength and conditioning, as well as overall student-athlete well-being, for a nationally successful athletics program.
The individual will serve as a coach in the Sports Performance Center and be one of four strength and conditioning coaches employed by UWL Athletics to provide UWL student-athletes with program development, instruction, and coaching in the critical areas of strength and conditioning. This position requires a national strength and conditioning certification, and experience developing comprehensive strength and conditioning programs for collegiate or professional athletes. Working with the staff, the coach will collaborate with their specific teams coaching staffs and the UWL Sports Performance Center Staff to develop and implement training regimens for their assigned teams.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strength and conditioning certification from a nationally recognized certification program.
• Experience developing and implementing strength and conditioning programs with collegiate or professional athletes.
• Master’s or other post-graduate degree.
• Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association’s Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (CSCC) credential, or National Strength and Conditioning Association’s Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) credential.
• One to three years of relevant collegiate strength & conditioning coaching experience.
• Understanding of, and commitment to, the NCAA Division III ideal.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Devise, direct, and implement comprehensive in-and out-of-season strength and conditioning program for assigned UWL intercollegiate athletic teams and student-athletes.
• Conduct, as permitted by applicable rules, in-and out-of-season strength and conditioning workouts with assigned UWL intercollegiate athletic teams and student-athletes.
• Educate and instruct UWL student-athletes on proper exercise techniques and appropriate training methods.
• Monitor strength and condition workouts to protect safety of student-athletes.
• Ensure that strength and conditioning equipment and facilities are cleaned and maintained on a regular basis.
• Assist, as requested by head coaches, in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
• Assist in determining strength and conditioning equipment needs.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Promote a departmental culture devoted to academic achievement and personal growth by the student-athletes.
• Adhere to rules of the NCAA, WIAC, NCGA, and the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
• Provide information related to training and conditioning, attendance, etc. , in a timely manner to the Director of Sports Performance and other members of Athletics Staff.
• Adhere to all Sports Performance and Athletic Training policies and procedures.
• Attend athletic department meetings.
• Assist in the mentoring, instruction and teaching of both undergraduate and graduate students.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please use the link to find all information or feel free to contact Joel Luedke, email@example.com