I see this question pop up on boards all the time. Where did you guys pick up your odd objects to train with? I'll start with part of my list:
- Keg - Paid deposit at a distributor - $30 in NY
- Sangbag - Military Duffel bag off of Ebay($9ish) and stuffed it with all kinds of stuff. An "official" one coming from APT.
- Large Tires - A local tractor tire place. -Free
- Small Tires - Garage down the street - Free
- Stones for pinching - Local Park - Free
- Pulling Sled - Welded it up from scrap metal coming from my bro's work - free
- Farmers Walk Handles - Pitbull Strongman - $135ish
- Pressing log - Pitbull Strongman - Don't recall, around 150.
- Mace - Ryan Pitts over at Stronger Grip
- 2 in rope - McMaster Car - 50 feet around 145 shipped
- 3 in rope - 60 feet, $60 used from a person I met online
- Shot puts - Some online track store - 16 and 20 lb around $88
- Pushing/pulling sled - Local machine shop - $165
I'll stop there, what and where did you guys pick up your un-ordinary equipment?