High School Coach, College Coach, Professional Coach, Athlete, Personal Trainer
Name of School, Team or Business
ELITE Athletic Performance
Director of Athletic Performance
Current Job Description
Designed and implemented individual and team customized training programs to maximize an athlete’s personal or team’s performance through specific strength and conditioning training.
My clients have included:
• Two Olympic athletes representing the United States and the country of Mauritius in the 2012 London Olympics. One of which, first achieved being the #1 ranked 100 meter backstroke swimmer in the world and progressed to become a 2012 Olympic Gold Medal winner.
• National Football League (NFL) and Arena Football League (AFL) Professional Football Players. Preparing them for both the mental and physical demands of their sport and position to ensure their body and mind performs optimally, along with proper techniques to decrease the risks of non contact injuries. It allowed an AFL player to make the significant jump to a 3-year NFL contract.
• Multiple Division 1 athletes attending the U of Iowa, Ohio State, U of Minnesota, Utah, Boise State, Miami of Ohio, Harvard, U of California, Auburn, U of Ohio, U of Missouri, Arizona State and Northwestern.
• Numerous highly recruited high school athletes preparing for the next level.
• Large groups/teams requiring strength and conditioning development to facilitate their specific professional/sport’s speed, quickness, agility and strength skills.
• Also several “tactical” athletes (police, fire and military). Who require similar strength and conditioning skills as sports athletes but apply the skills in their daily service profession.
My process involves a design of individualized programs for each athlete, which includes applicable standard, advanced and unique techniques. On-going athlete program performance and outcomes are continually monitored via relevant testing procedures, including video analysis, constant statistical measurement and tracking of exercise, set and rep quality. Our athlete-trainer Plan & Audit Review sessions are performed pre- and post- workout, to checkpoint the program’s design against the on-going implementation results, in order to continue, alter or enhance the program’s regiment, thus achieving optimal results.
Nutritional guidance is also provided, based on specific training regimen and goals.
Past Job Experience
Explosive Edge Athletics
From 2007 – 2010, I trained and gained extensive knowledge in the exercise science field, especially in terms of jump/speed mechanics training and plyometric training, from one of the foremost national trainers, who is a former Chicago Bears’ Strength and Conditioning Coach and sought after national speaker. In 2011, I began partnering with EEA to supplement their reach and deliver their individually customized training to their NFL clients, from free agents to 10+ year veterans and All-Pro/Pro Bowl selections. The process included:
Customized program design tailored around the specific position and individual’s needs relative to their overall strength and conditioning needs.
Followed by on field critiquing and adjusting movement patterns again specific to player’s position and needs for explosiveness, optimal mobility, deceleration and change of direction.
Followed by assessment, measurement and resultant program design adjustments.