Overview: To develop a comprehensive strength and conditioning program, that equips our students, athletes, and staff with the tools they need to reach their full physical potential, while embracing Cardinal Gibbons mission of forming young men and women of faith, leadership, and service.
1. Design/teach courses in Weight Training and Conditioning, Nutrition, and/or personalfitness.
2. Partner with sport coaches to implement sport-specific programs for pre-season, in-season, and post-season recovery
3. Mentor interns and team coaches to implement sport-specific training programs
4. Educate all members of the Cardinal Gibbons to ensure proper safety is followed in all scheduled facilities and during all teaching and training sessions
5. Coach strength and conditioning programs, to include warm-ups, lifting, plyometrics, agility, and conditioning activities
6. Partner with the Sports Medicine team to supervise return to sport rehabilitation and pre-habilitation actives
7. Measure, evaluate, and track progress of sport teams and individuals
8. Schedule the use of the 4,000 sq. ft. weight room, 2000 sq. foot mat room, and full auxiliary gym in order to organize a healthy balance with teams and other members of the community
9. Recruit, train, and supervise a growing student-internship program that will meet the needs of Cardinal Gibbons High School
10. Communicate with all staff members and student-athletes the vision of Gibbons Strength, Power, and Durability in an effort to be efficient and effective in all training sessions
Past Job Experience
NC State University 2003-2012: Designed and implemented training programs for: swimming and diving, wrestling, track and field, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s tennis, and supported the implementation of men’s and women’s basketball, cheerleading, baseball, and men’s golf. The scope of my experience includes co-directing and operation of a 5,500 square foot training facility and directing a Top 25 national caliber internship program.
University of North Texas 2002-2003: Designed and implemented training programs for all throwing athletes and 80 members of the track and field in the weight room including: distance, mid-distance, sprinters, jumpers, and throwers. Performed strength & conditioning orientation, program design and implementation for track and field athletes to strength training and throwers conditioning resulting in maximum performance gains. Individualized training for specific event areas to meet the goals for the event coaches. Communicated with sports medicine and sport coaches about any injured athletes leading to a consolidated plan about return-to-play date. Coached all aspects of a holistic track throwers program for shot put, 35 lb weight, discus, and javelin events including plyometrics, speed, and conditioning training. Performed video analysis on thrower practice and competition. Performed testing and evaluation and communicated progress to the rest of the track and field coaching staff
University of Tennessee Graduate Assistant 1999-2001: Inspired Student-Athletes through the CHAMPS/Life Skills program. Coached decathletes while the track and field coaches were on the road. Masters Project: Coaching Student-Athletes to Life Skills
Johnson Country Community College, Overland Park, Kansas- Progress toward Associate of Arts Degree
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee- Biology & Management
Bachelors of Science, Masters of Science in Human Performance and Sports Studies
CSCS 2004, USAW, FMS, SCCC
Hey how are you doing? Unfortunately I had to close my Performance Center. I have included a list of items we are trying to Liquidate if you happen to be or know anyone who is interested. Call me with any questions 8036-467-7645
2- Duel Sided Half Racks w/ Oakwood platform (4 Way Pull up Station, Swivel Width adjustable Pull Station)
-Dip Station Attachment
4- 0-90 Utility Benches Garnet upholstery
1 Straight Leg Dead Lift Rack $300.00
1 Life Fitness Commercial Treadmill $2000.00
1 Life Fitness Upright Bike $1,000.00
1 Stair Master Step Master $1,000.00
Free With Major Purchase
1- Truck Tires
1- 12 lb Sledge Hammer
1- Circular Wobble Board
1- Swiss Ball Station
Coach Morland, I just wanted to say thanks for the great experience last weekend. You and Coach Stephenson put together a great conference and I'm very fortunate that I got to meet so many great coaches and learn from some of the best in the profession. I hope you guys have a safe and productive summer. Look forward to further talking with you.
Hello Chris - We have only 6 graduate student interns this summer and 5 of them are going private sector. Very unusual situation. We may have had an undergrad apply for the position but I am not sure. Let me know if you run across anyone. Hope all is well at NC State.
Things here are going really well...keeping really busy, but our athletes are really buying in and getting better. Hopefully I'll get some time to come over to state again later this spring. Definitely going to try to get there for the bball clinic. Hope you're doing well and training is going well too.