I have worked in college and in professional sports and stopped working full-time as a Strength & Conditioning Coach and/or Athletic Trainer in 2005. I had the opportunity to work with a Heisman Trophy Winner as well as Professional Baseball and Football Players.
I now work as a Real Estate Consultant as a full-time career, but am considering opening a state of the art fitness facility.
Past Job Experience
Positions were held as an Athletic Trainer and/or as a Strength & Conditioning Coach with the following Organizations:
Miami-Dade Community College Kendall Campus Baseball 1993 & 1994 Seasons, Florida State University Women's Sports 1995 Season, Florida State University Football 1996 Season, University of Central Florida Football 2000 Season, Montreal Expos Player Development 2001 Season, Formula Fitness 2002 & 2003, University of South Florida Football 2011 Summer Workouts and Hybrid Sports Performance in Tampa.
Before entering college in 1993, I was a Combat Infantryman for the U.S. Army and was stationed at Ft. Ord, CA. I earned my Air Assault tab and was an honor graduate for MANPADS, which is a ground to air stinger missile school for shooting down aircraft. My unit invaded Panama in 1989 and I also earned the Southeast Asia Service Medal for being in support of Operation Desert Storm.
BS in Food & Nutrition emphasis in Athletic Training, a Minor in Psychology & a Specialization in Coaching from Florida State University, MBA in Marketing and a Graduate Certificate in Accounting from the Keller Graduate School of Management. The summer of 2014, I will be pursuing a Masters in Construction Management with an emphasis in Land Development at Western Carolina University.
I once had the following certifications and did not renew them while I was out of the business for seven (7) years. I will not be pursuing any of them again:
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine), PES (Performance Enhancement Specialist)
- NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association), CSCS (Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist)
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine), HFI (Health / Fitness Instructor)
- USA Weightlifting, Club Coach
- USA Track & Field, Level One Track & Field Coach
- USA Triathlon, Level One Certified Coach
- Emergency Medical Technician, Basic
- NATA (National Athletic Trainers Association, ATC (Athletic Trainer Certified) Exam Eligible
You need to be a member of Strength Performance Network to add comments!