High School Coach, College Coach, Professional Coach
Name of School, Team or Business
I left the Sports Business as a full-time job around 2005
Ex - Strength & Conditioning Coach / Athletic Trainer
Current Job Description
I have worked in college and in professional sports and left the business in 2005 as a full-time job. I had the opportunity to work with a Heisman Trophy Winner as well as Professional Baseball and Football Players.
I now work as a Real Estate Professional and continuing my studies of the profession.
Past Job Experience
Positions were held as an Athletic Trainer and/or as a Strength & Conditioning Coach with the following Organizations:
Miami-Dade Community College Kendall Campus Baseball 1993 & 1994 Seasons, Florida State University Women's Sports 1995 Season, Florida State University Football 1996 Season, University of Central Florida Football 2000 Season, Montreal Expos Player Development 2001 Season, Formula Fitness 2002 & 2003, University of South Florida Football 2011 Summer Workouts.
Before entering college in 1993, I was a Combat Infantryman for the U.S. Army and was stationed at Ft. Ord, CA. I earned my Air Assault tab and was an honor graduate for MANPADS, which is a ground to air stinger missile school for shooting down aircraft. My unit invaded Panama in 1989 and I also earned the Southeast Asia Service Medal for being in support of Operation Desert Storm.
BS in Food & Nutrition emphasis in Athletic Training & a Specialization in Coaching from Florida State University, MBA in Marketing and a Graduate Certificate in Accounting from the Keller Graduate School of Management.
I once had the following certifications and did not renew them while I was out of the business for seven (7) years. I will not be pursuing most of them them again:
- NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine), PES (Performance Enhancement Specialist)
- NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association), CSCS (Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist)
- ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine), HFI (Health / Fitness Instructor)
- USA Weightlifting, Club Coach
- USA Track & Field, Level One Track & Field Coach
- USA Triathlon, Level One Certified Coach
- Emergency Medical Technician, Basic
- NATA (National Athletic Trainers Association, ATC (Athletic Trainer Certified) Exam Eligible
You need to be a member of Strength Performance Network to add comments!