Protein represents a mere 11% of the calories that Americans consume Does not take a genius that the other 89% come from fat/carbs
Dr Enig demonstrated that cancer rates were directly assoc. w/ total fat intake/vegetable fat intake but NOT w/ consumption of animal fat
Baskin Robbin’s Heath Bar Shake-Ranked it the unhealthiest drink in all of America-2,310 calories, 266 grams of sugar and 108 grams of fat!
The average American eats 200 grams of sugar per day. So basically a cup a day.
In 2010, one American out of ten is diabetic. In 40 years, it will have climbed to three out of ten
There in the US - 72 million obese people. I repeat obese, not overweight. Basically the combined population of Australia and Canada
The top 3 things to raise the cardioprotective fractions (The good fractions of HDL) niacin (500 mg)-panthetine (900 mg)-Resveratrol (400mg)
If the ratio of triglycerides/HDL if greater than 3, 85% chance of having insulin resistance.
The best way to drop triglycerides: Omega 3 s, extended release niacin (500-1000 mg/day, combined to panthetine (900 mg/day)
Many German functional medicine physicians are proponents of going to bed early and waking up early-hormonal make-up improves
Take 2 grams of vitamin C with your post-workout shake, it will clear any pre-workout residual caffeine very rapidly
Close-Grip Bench Press. Use a grip with the hands 14 inches apart. Use 158 percent of bodyweight for 6 reps
Incline Curl with Dumbbells. Use a 45-degree incline bench. Each dumbbell should represent 36 percent of bodyweight for 6 reps.
The glutamate content in gluten kills brain cells-Glutamate is an excitotoxin-meaning it overexcites brain cells-which damages/kills them
Gluten is associated to osteo-arthritis. Removal of gluten from the diet, immediately attenuates pain levels.
Gluten will ramp down your thyroid. Food intolerance to gluten has been shown negatively affect thyroid function.
Before bed, if anxious take Lysine & Arginine. The amino acid lysine and arginine has been proven to be effective at reducing anxiety
Light in the room can mess up your circadian rhythm and your pineal gland's production of melatonin/the gut’s production serotonin
Refined grains often contain allergens such as gluten which cause the body to make cortisol which awakens the person from sleep
ALC is useful for those who are exposed to long term stress show signs of low morning cortisol, such as morning fatigue/difficulty waking up
Restoring zinc is fairly easy; it really doesn't take that long. Restoring magnesium levels can sometimes take four times longer
About 68% of the American population complains of some sort of sleep disorder, and that's due largely to magnesium levels
People who drink a lot from plastic water bottles have high plastics in their blood-If you detoxify the plastics-Testosterone go back up