To train and supervise the members of the 18 intercollegiate sports team programs in physical strength and conditioning techniques, with a primary focus on injury prevention and maximizing competitive performance.
- Will supervise the strength and conditioning coaching staff and student workers.
- Will be the primary point of contact for the strength and conditioning area of athletics.
- Will oversee the daily operations and management of the weight room facility and equipment, and the nutrition station.
- Will work with the coaching staffs to design strength and conditioning programs for the various intercollegiate sports team members that will guide them through techniques to optimize performance and decrease the potential for injuries. Will assist with the oversight and teaching of proper weight lifting, speed, agility, and conditioning techniques to motivate and encourage the athletes to train and perform to their highest ability.
- Will schedule and supervise workouts and player development sessions for the various sports team members. -Will assist in the rehabilitation programs prescribed by the doctors and sports medicine staff for injured sports team members.
- Adheres to and monitors all NCAA and conference rules and regulations and reports any violations of these entities established rules and regulations to the proper officials; ascertains that the program is administered and conducted in compliance with the policies and procedures established by the NCAA, SWAC, TAMUS, this University and this Department of Athletics; ensures total compliance with all guidelines, rules, and regulations, and policies and procedures of all governing entities; NCAA, SWAC, TAMUS, PVAMU, and Athletics Department.
- Keep informed of modern trends, techniques, and strategies by attending and taking part in clinics and workshops and NCAA rules education trainings.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.