The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics sponsors 24 intercollegiate sports, comprised of 14 women's and 10 men's programs, that compete at the Division I level. The Scarlet Knights are members of the prestigious Big Ten Conference, the nation's premier academic and athletic conference, after officially joining the league on July 1, 2014. Known as "The Birthplace of College Football, Rutgers hosted Princeton on Nov. 6, 1869 in the first intercollegiate football game, with RU earning a 6-4 victory.
Posting Summary Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Coach - Strength and Conditioning for Football within Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. This position assists in the instructing and organizing of all aspects of the Strength & Conditioning Program as it pertains to football, including training, technical supervision, evaluation and preparation of practices and competition.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Works in conjunction with the football staff in developing and administering strength and conditioning programs unique to football to help develop the student-athlete to their full potential.
- Responsible for training and instructing student-athletes in the use of weight lifting and conditioning exercise programs to enhance and develop their ability to compete in football on a national level.
Position Status: Full Time FLSA: Exempt
Annual Minimum Salary: 0.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 0.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 0.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Contract Administrators
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft Benefits
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month Position
Pension Eligibility: ABP Minimum
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Membership in and/or certification by an accredited professional organization (National Strength and Conditioning Association, etc.) required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of strength training equipment
- Computer literate Preferred Qualifications
- Preferably three years of strength coaching experience at the college level with some strength and conditioning instruction experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Will be required to work nights and weekends.
Special Conditions: Clean Driving
Record Posting Open Date: 01/15/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants: All applicants should complete IAWP Affirmation Form and attach with resume: https://scarletknights.com/documents/2019/9/13/IAWP_Affirmation_Fillable.pdf. You can then post for the job here.
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Busch (RU-New Brunswick)
Location Details Piscataway, NJ, 08854