The University of Kentucky’s Olympic Sports Strength & Conditioning department is seeking volunteer interns for the Summer 2020. Interns will have the opportunity to work with all the Olympic sports at the University of Kentucky. Volunteer intern may have the opportunity to earn a paid position come the Fall 2020.
- Strong desire to become a strength and conditioning coach
- Possess or working towards a certification through the CSCCa, USAW, and/or NSCA
- CPR/AED certified
- Prior experience working in a strength and conditioning setting or previous collegiate athletic experience
- Experience coaching the Olympic lifts and/or competing in the sport of Olympic weightlifting
- Outstanding work ethic, character and integrity
Details of Summer Internship Program:
- Start Date: June 8, 2020
- End Date: August 6, 2020 (this date is negotiable)
- Interns will complete our Summer Internship curriculum, which includes programming projects, drills to improve coaching ability on the floor, leadership seminars, and how to network within the profession and preparation for future job opportunities
- No monetary compensation provided
- Opportunity to work alongside our Nutrition department
- Breakfast will be available each morning
- Gain experience working in a SEC athletic department
- Possibility of earning a positive recommendation and evaluation based on work performance
- May receive credit towards completion of a college degree or certification
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email the following to UKStrength@uky.edu:
- List of three professional references
- 60 second video explaining why you want to be a strength & conditioning coach and why you are the best fit for our program.
All application material must be received by April 3, 2020. Preference will be given to those that apply early.