The Assistant Strength Coach is responsible for assisting in enhancing the physical and mental development of student-athletes through established training programs that intensify the physical strength and cardiovascular conditioning of the student-athlete.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists head strength coach in the implementation of the strength and conditioning program for all varsity athletes. Designs and implements year round strength and conditioning programs for sports programs assigned by the head strength coach.
- Assists head strength coach with the continuing education of all student-athletes in the areas of nutrition, supplementation, and ergogenic aids.
- Assists head trainer/medical staff with rehabilitative programs.
- Assists with the maintenance of all equipment and the enforcement of all rules and regulations.
- Assists in the testing and evaluation of all student-athletes and maintains appropriate records.
- Remains current in the field of strength and conditioning by continually reviewing all appropriate literature and attending conferences and seminars as time and budget permits.
- May be assigned as a liaison with other University departments.
- Maintains a continuing and thorough knowledge of all applicable University, departmental, and NCAA rules and regulations and complies with those rules and regulations.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and certain holidays depending on schedule.
- Performs special duties as requested by the head strength coach.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance and certification with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a related field. Masters preferred; and two years of experience in a collegiate strength and conditioning environment preferred.