University of Oklahoma Athletics Department is looking for a Strength and Conditioning coach to join our team. This is a 12 month full-time position that will directly report to the Director of Olympic Sports. Individual is responsible for creating and implementating a comprehensive strength & conditioning program for assigned olympic sports. This position will support the student-athletes and enhance the mission of the University of Oklahoma, Athletics Department, and Strength staff.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree OR equivalent combination of education and job related experience, AND:
- 24 months' experience as a college or professional strength and conditioning coach
- Ability to champion a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Excellent leadership, people management, and interpersonal skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated track record of developing collaborative relationships with both internal and external persons.
- Ability to develop, implement, adjust, and evaluate comprehensive strength & conditioning program
- Ability to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, coaches and administrators
- Ability to recognize potential health risk of student athletes
- Ability and willingness to engage in continuing education and maintaining professional and health and safety certifications
- Ability and willingness to gain and maintain working knowledge of university, Big 12, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Proficient in educating student-athletes on safe and effective performance, training and recovery
- CSCS or CSCC Certification
- CPR, First Aid & AED Certification