Once you have added a network or USB printer to your PC or Windows 11, you can start sending the documents to print. However, sometimes a print command will cause an error in the printer like Canon Printer Offline which will prevent future documents from being printed. To solve this problem, you will have to change the printer settings from offline to online with the “Canon Printer Offline Windows 11” guide.
Steps to follow to know How to change the Canon printer from offline to online
Check physical connections.
- First of all, you need to check out all the available cable connections between the Canon as well as the Windows 11 printer, although it depends on the method through which you have to connect your printer to Windows 11. Also, confirm that no cables are loose. Otherwise, your system will not be identified by your printer, and therefore, you will not be able to print anything.
Instructions for PC
- Click on the Start menu and click on the “Printers and Faxes” icon.
- Double-click on the icon of the Canon printer you want to change to online. A pop-up window will open where all the current print jobs queued by the printer are detailed.
- Go to the printer option available in the pop-up menu bar and uncheck the option “Use printer without a connection.” This action will move the printer from its offline mode to online.
Instructions for Windows 11
- Open System Preferences, and click on the icon in the Dock.
- Go to the print and fax control panel in the Hardware category.
- Select the printer you want to select from the list on the left side of the screen. Then click on the “Open queue” button.
- Click on “Resume from the printer” present at the top of the queue window to change the Canon printer from offline to online.
The reason why your printer is offline:
Your printer is not set by default, and therefore you should alert your devices.
The suspension/break period is very small, and that is why the printer remains inactive for a short period of time, it is disconnected.
If all these steps fail to work for you, then publish your query on the Canon Support Forum and get the best “Canon Printer Keeps Going Offline Mac” fix customer service directly from Canon’s technical support team.